Monday, May 24, 2010

The Voices in My Head

Anyone else experience voices in their head? Or play pretend even though you're a grown adult?

I do. I have good voices and bad voices. I get to choose who to listen to. Most of the time I try to listen to the good ones. It's a little easier on everyone around. Sometimes the bad ones are louder and more obnoxious (they are bad after all). I will literally have arguments in my head with my justification voices. The ones that say,"One time won't hurt." It could be any number of things. Anyway, lest you think I'm not crazy enough let's add the pretending factor in.

Sometimes I will pretend I'm someone else to get through the chores and other stuff I have to do in a day. For housework, I'm often the manager of a bed and breakfast or fancy hotel. I will have conversations with pretend customers and solve their pretend problems all while making sure the hotel is in tip top shape. For getting into shape, I pretend I'm a dancer in training to be on stage and have to work really hard to meet my goals. Sometimes, I'm a spy living as a housewife for cover purposes. Am I the only one out there who does this? Maybe I AM crazy!

Oh, well. I guess if it helps me get in shape, clean the house and cope with the every day tasks, it can't be too bad. I realize I'm pretending, so I'm not delusional. But I often wonder if it's a sign that I'm dissatisfied with my life or I need more of a challenge. Maybe I'll never figure it out.

If you see me talking to myself in my dark sunglasses and pink tutu toting a briefcase, just pretend you never saw me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The party you are trying to reach is not home...well, maybe she is, but hey, this is just a blog. Leave a comment at the beep...*BEEP*...