Friday, November 12, 2010

Balance in the family or The Butterfly Effect

I've witnessed a strange phenomenon today. This morning did not begin like a "usual" morning and for some reason that one act has had a butterfly effect on the entire household. I don't believe anyone is truly mad at anyone else in the house (at least not anymore), but we're all being short with each other and there's this almost palpable stress in the air which is heavy. For me, I actually feel physically exhausted carrying this stress and that's after an hour massage. I don't feel stressed, it's just what's in the air and it's oppressive.

I suppose the conclusion is that issues need to be discussed at the earliest possible time to "clear the air" (which after today has a new meaning to me). In our house, that has yet to happen, but I'm sure it will sometime soon. And then I'll be able to feel an actual weight being lifted off. I wonder if there is a way to lift this weight off yourself? Do you really need the other person involved to help? I guess you do because in weight training you should always have a spotter, why would stress weight be any different? I'm rambling, it's giving me something to do. I should probably go "clear the air", but I'm trying to decide if now is the best time. Trying to gauge how long it will take versus how long I have until company comes over. Maybe as a social experiment, since it's gone on this long, I should let it go and see if it affects company as well as household members. Think I could receive a grant to study this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The party you are trying to reach is not home...well, maybe she is, but hey, this is just a blog. Leave a comment at the beep...*BEEP*...